Upland Game Bird Hunting
Carefully managed portions of the Masser Ranch were opened to upland bird hunting in 1991. Approximately 300 acres of the ranch are dedicated to upland bird hunting offering open fields and pastures to produce a memorable shooting experience. The Masser Ranch maintains a kennel of well-trained pointers and setters. Both morning and afternoon hunts are available. Lodging and meals are available with advance reservations. Accommodations consist of a refurbished rock home originally constructed in 1893. Flag Creek bisects the ranch and rainbow trout fishing is available in season.
- Guides and dogs are included in all hunt packages.
- A minimum of two hunters per hunt.
- For safety, a maximum of four per hunt.
- Custom hunts can be arranged.
- A valid Texas Hunting License is required.
- Rental guns are available by reservation.
There is no limit on the number of birds you can harvest at Masser Ranch. Any birds left over from a previous hunt can be taken at no additional cost, or additional birds can be purchased for release before your hunt.
22019-2020 Season Rates
October 1, 2020 through March 31, 2021
Morning or Afternoon (1/2) Day Hunts
Enjoy one of our hunt packages
Classic Upland Bird Hunt – $275.00 per shooter
- All Quail – 12 birds released
- All Chukar – 6 birds released
- All Pheasant – 4 birds released
Premier Upland Bird Hunt – $400.00 per shooter
All Quail – 20 birds released
All Chukar – 8 birds released
All Pheasant – 6 birds released
Two-Day Hunts – $825 per shooter
- Arrive at the ranch
- Afternoon upland bird hunt.
- Hors d’oeuvres and dinner served after the hunt.
- Enjoy an overnight stay in our beautiful period rock home.
- Morning upland bird hunt.
- Depart ranch following the morning hunt.
Non-shooting guest will be accommodated for $50.00 per person for one-half day hunts.
|Extra Birds Released||Bird Cleaning Fees|
Advance reservations are required for all hunting.
Morning hunts are scheduled from 8:30 to 11:30.
Afternoon hunts are scheduled from 2:00 to 5:00.
Not included are Texas Hunting License fees, guns and ammunition.
If you enjoy your hunt, then tipping is customary and appreciated by the guides and staff.